BASIC CUPCAKES RECIPE
- 115 g butter , at room temperature.
- 115 g caster sugar .
- 2 eggs.
- 115 g self-raising folur.
- 2 tablespoon vanilla extract , grated zest of 1 lemon or 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (optional).
- makes 12
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF) gas 4 , then line the muffin tin with paper cases.
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale and fluffy. You can do this either by hand, or using an electric mixer. Then beat the eggs, one at time.
- Sift over the flour, then fold in by hand. Stir in the milk and flavouring (if using) to make a creamy, spoonable mixture.
- Spoon heaped tablespoonfuls of the mixture in to each paper case, then bake for about 17 minutes or 14 minutes until risent and golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Transfer the cakes to a wire rack and leave to cool completely before decorating.
- You can decorate the cupcakes as you like it.
- YASMINA BOUJEKHROUT AND YOLANDA ESCÁMEZ